Listen Live on  
 

Talk Radio 105.9 - KNRS

Listen... and you'll know - Salt Lake City
 
 

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Hospitalizes Several at a Southeastern Utah Elementary School

 
Posted November 18th, 2013 @ 12:22pm by Talk Radio 105.7 FM / 570 AM

EMERGENCY RESPONDERS WERE SCRAMBLING MONDAY -- IN RURAL, SOUTHEASTERN UTAH -- WHERE FIFTEEN FACULTY MEMBERS AND STUDENTS WERE OVERCOME BY CARBON MONOXIDE, AT TINY MONTEZUMA CREEK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.

SAN JUAN COUNTY COMMISSION CHAIRMAN BRUCE ADAMS SAYS, PART OF THE SCHOOL APPARENTLY FILLED WITH THE COLORLESS AND ODORLESS GAS, AFTER WATER HEATERS MALFUNCTIONED.

FIFTEEN STUDENTS AND FACULTY MEMBERS WERE INITIALLY HOSPITALIZED. 

AUTHORITIES SAY THREE OF THE CHILDREN WERE LISTED IN CRITICAL CONDITION.

OTHER STUDENTS AND FACULTY MEMBERS -- NOT EXHIBITING HEALTH PROBLEMS -- WERE EVACUATED TO A NEARBY HIGH SCHOOL.

THERE WAS NOT IMMEDIATE INFORMATION ON WHAT MAY HAVE CAUSED THE WATER HEATERS TO MALFUNCTION. 

Recommended Stories

More from Talk Radio 105.9 - KNRS

*